VE sessions are held every two months on the 3rd Tuesday of EVEN months except for special circumstances. All sessions will accept walk-ins. Please bring the following:
- Photo ID
- ORIGINAL AND COPY of Amateur Radio license if applicable
- ORIGINAL AND COPY of CSCE if applicable
- FRN. SSN will be required if you do not have an FRN.
- The proper fee ($15.00 CASH).
If you are applying for a new license and you do not have an FCC Registration Number (FRN), you will be required to use your Social Security Number (SSN) the first time. It is best to go to the FCC web site and register to immediately receive an FRN number. Go to http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=home and register with the FCC and get your FRN. It's a simple process.
Also, if you are upgrading from Tech Plus license that was obtained via the General Class exam before March 21, 1987, a copy of the proof will be required such as an expired license with a starting date before March 21, 1987 or other proof, such as a dated callbook.
Training information HERE.
All VE Sessions are scheduled to be held at VFW Post 7032 on 1108 Mumford Road in Greenville. Exams will start promptly at 6:30 PM. MAP BELOW. For latest information or questions, email ve @ w4amc.com. (remove spaces).
- Tuesday @ 6:30 PM - June 21, 2016
- Tuesday @ 6:30 PM - August 16, 2016
- Tuesday @ 6:30 PM - October 18, 2016
- Tuesday @ 6:30 PM - December 20, 2016